3 weeks ago
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
1 package phyllo sheets
about* 2 cups butter
about* 1/2 cup brown sugar
Defrost phyllo in fridge overnight - leave in package.
You will need:
- a large work surface to cut on
- a pizza cutter (or sharp knife)
- a spatula (or pastry brush)
Before opening phyllo:
- preheat over to 325
- line baking sheets with tinfoil and grease lightly
- have damp dishtowel ready to cover phyllo
- melt butter and stir in sugar (let it cook a little)
Open phyllo, unroll, lift off two sheets, reroll in wax paper and cover remaining dough with damp dishtowel.
Place one sheet flat. Spread lightly with butter sauce.
*(how much depends on taste - try different amounts)
Top with second sheet and more butter sauce.
Cut into strips with the pizza cutter. (5 to 8 strips, depending on what size you want them)
Roll up each strip and place, seam side down, onto cookie sheet.
Repeat with two more sheets of phyllo, etc.
Bake for 10 - 12 minutes.