As most of you know, in addition to our twins we have two more little ones who come to play with us while their parents are at work. (I say "us" but it's mostly Daddy, as since September I am only here before and after school and during school breaks.) We had hoped to keep the same two children until they started school, as they have become part of our family. It has been such a pleasure and a privilege to watch little A. grow from a baby to a walking, talking, dancing, laughing toddler with a talent for music and a discriminating sense of humour. It's hard not to be overjoyed that he's expecting a sibling, as he will be such a great big brother, and the world will be a better place for more people like him and his family. His mom will be keeping A. home with her once the new baby has settled in, starting late July.
What this means for us is that we have a home daycare space opening mid-July; we could manage as early as June 1st in a pinch. August 1st would also be an acceptable start date.
* a 2nd loving family for your child - characterized by sensitivity, high
standards, and flexibility
* stories, books, music, dancing, singing and crafts
* engaged play, building on child's interest at developmental level, as well as free play
* a wide variety of toys and learning materials
* a large, bright multi-room ground-floor playspace, fenced backyard, and quiet bedroom for naps
* a positive approach to discipline – teaching not punishing – natural
consequences - “No” used only for situations involving safety.
* daily communication
* respect for individual differences
* healthy foods; whole grain, organic when affordable
* regular attendance at Cambridge Street Family Literacy Centre
* outings at least once daily; as weather permits
* no exposure to television or video games
If you are not a regular reader you need to know we have two cats and a lively little dog.
The cost is $10440 per year (this works out to $40 per weekday/ $870 per month) and includes everything except diapers/wipes. Hours are 8 to 5:30.
Please feel free to pass this post on to anyone who might be interested!
PS We are also available during July and August for part-time/occasional care ($45/day), for children we already know.
PPS We will have 2 more full-time spots starting in the summer of 2012, as our boys start full-time Kindergarten in September 2012...wow sure hope they are toilet trained by then...!
9 months ago