Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas To Me

For me, writing is something to turn to in times of trouble. When things are going well I just don't need to write about them. Reading back through old journals, I seem to be always complaining - until I look at the dates and realize that weeks, even months went by without a word.

I thought it would be nice to take some time on Christmas Day to write about all that is right and wonderful in my world. It's a little difficult to put out there - no-one wants to tempt fate by bragging about how well things are going. But it's Christmas Day. And I want fate to hear my chorus of thank-yous. So here goes:

Thank you for our beautiful sons. Thank you for helping their first mother with her plans, and for giving them caring and experienced nannies. We're so glad they're in a safe place.

Thank you for my husband, he is a treasure.

Thank you for our family, and friends, and for keeping us all healthy and well.

Thank you for the home we love, in the neighbourhood we wanted, with wonderful neighbours, in arguably one of the best cities in the world.

Thank you for the job that I love, and for this year's class in particular, whose sweet and gentle nature and eagerness to learn make up for not being in Vietnam.

Thank you for my special co-workers and boss who have been ridiculously understanding and supportive from the very beginning.

Thank you for our amusing and life-enriching pets.

Thank you for hope, and believing, and for love.

Merry Christmas to you too!

3 comments:

Leslie & Shaune said...

merry christmas :)

Jules and Danny said...

It is wonderful that you have so many things that you are grateful for! Merry Christmas!
jules

Ange said...

Merry Christmas!